Borrowing Library Materials
Only registered library users may borrow library materials. The loan periods for materials are as follows:
- Books = 3 weeks, 2 renewals allowed
- Audio-visual = 1 week, 2 renewals allowed
- Journals = do not circulate
For additional information on borrowing library materials, please see the Sladen Checkout FAQs.
Registering for Library Use
Henry Ford Health System employees and affliated students in Henry Ford Health System education programs may register for library services, which includes borrowing privileges.
There are 2 ways to register:
- Come to the Sladen Library on K-17 and fill out the registration form.
- Complete the online registration form which can be accessed here.
You must have your HFHS identification badge at the time of registration.
Renewing Library Materials
Please visit the library, or give us a call at 313-916-2550, if you wish to renew your items. An item can be renewed 2 times, unless there is a hold placed on it, in which case it must be returned.
Books ordered through ILLiad and sent from other libraries require special permission to renew. Please contact the Sladen Library if you wish to renew an ordered book. Additional charges may apply.
The library does not charge overdue fines. However, you will be responsible for the full cost of the items, plus a processing fee, for items that are lost or damaged while checked out to you.
Additional Book Resources
- Heart Smart Cookbook
- Sladen New Materials List
- Suggest a Book or Journal for the Sladen collection
- Borrow a Book from Another Library (ILLiad)
- HFHS History Book
- WorldCat - Online catalog of libraries worldwide