Paying for Non-Emergency Services
You are responsible to pay for all non-emergency services. After insurance covers its portion of the bill, any deposits and most co-pays must be paid at the time of service.
In some cases, payment is not expected at the time of service:
- Patients with more than one insurance plan: Patients with a single insurance plan are required to pay the co-pay at the time of service. For patients covered by more than one insurance plan, we must bill both insurance plans before collecting the co-pay so it is not expected to be paid at the time of service
- Deductibles and charges not covered by insurance: We must allow the insurance to process before we know the amount of the deductible owed or what is not covered by insurance, so these payments are no longer expected at the time of service.
Remember, for true medical emergencies, Henry Ford Health System provides care, no matter your ability to pay at the time services are provided.
Please be sure you bring to your visit:
- Photo ID
- Health insurance card
- Payment for your deposit, co-pay, deductible and any services that are not covered by your health insurance plan.
Paying ‘out of pocket’ or if you do not have insurance for non emergency services
If you are paying out of pocket (self-pay patient), do not have insurance, or if you are seeking care at Henry Ford Health System for services not covered by your health plan, it is expected that these costs are paid before services are provided.
|Self-pay patient deposits|
|$125 deposit before each visit
|100% of estimated charges|
|100% of estimated charges|
Our pricing specialists can help give you a good idea of what your cost will be for a certain service. Call (888) 455-2678 or send an email. View price estimates.
- If you do not make a deposit before your scheduled, non-emergency outpatient visit, or,
- You have not made a payment plan with one of our financial counselors your office visit will be rescheduled.
Paying your bill
You are expected to pay your balance in full within 20 days of when you receive your bill.
Accepted forms of payment
In person at one of our hospitals or by mail:
- Money order
- American Express
Cash also is accepted for those paying in person.
By phone or online via MyChart:
- Credit or debit card only
Phone payments are accepted Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Friday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
|Henry Ford Allegiance Health||(517) 205-4920|
Henry Ford Hospital
Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital
Henry Ford Medical Group Medical Center
Henry Ford West Bloomfield
|Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals||(866) 785-2455|
|Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital||(734) 246-9655|
You can also pay your bill by mail for all locations at the following address:
Henry Ford Health System
PO Box 553920
Detroit, MI 48255-3920
If you can’t pay in full, you may be able to set up a monthly payment plan. You can apply for a payment plan with our Patient Financial Services Office. Please call (800) 999-5829. Past due accounts will be sent to a collection agency.
Henry Ford has financial counselors who can help find out if you qualify for Medicaid or other local, state and federal help. If you have not been screened for Medicaid in the past 30 days, please call your local Michigan Department of Human Services office for a Medicaid review. You can also apply at MIBridges.
|Michigan Department of Human Services offices||Phone number|
|Lapeer County||(810) 667-0800|
|Livingston County||(517) 548-0200|
|Macomb County||(586) 254-1500|
|Monroe County||(734) 243-7200|
|Oakland County||(248) 975-4800|
|St. Clair County||(810) 966-2000|
|Washtenaw County||(734) 481-2000|
|Wayne County||(855) 275-6424|
If you are denied Medicaid or other state and federal programs, our Patient Financial Assistance Program may be able to help. Uninsured and underinsured patients may be eligible based on annual income, family size and amount of debt. Visit Financial Assistance to learn more.