While many of us set big goals for ourselves around health, fitness and well-being, research shows nearly 80 percent of us fail to see them...
Quality and Safety
With patient lives at stake, every physician, nurse and employee at Henry Ford Health System works to uphold the highest standards for quality and safety. In fact, our goal is to be the safest healthcare system in the nation. Every day, we make a dedicated effort to reach that goal. We are constantly monitoring our performance data so that we can identify areas for improvement and put measures into place to keep our patients and staff free from harm.
How we perform
Henry Ford Health System tracks numerous quality metrics, organized into the six domains of the Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) principles of quality: Safe, Timely, Effective, Efficient, Equitable and Patient Centered.
Key targets include:
- Hospital Acquired Conditions (HAC) as defined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Reduction of readmissions
- Excellence in Core Measures (including the newer core measures of Sepsis, Perinatal, Behavioral, Flu Immunization and Stroke)
- Diversity metrics including documentation of race, ethnicity and language
- Documentation of Advance Directives
Henry Ford is committed to providing the highest quality and safety for all our patients and employees.
Access our Quality Performance report. The Quality Performance Report is updated monthly.
For the Quality Performance reports for specific Henry Ford Hospitals, visit HospitalCompare.