Health System Based Councils
Care Transitions PFAC
Begun in November 2015, this group’s mission is to improve transitions between care settings. One approach is to leverage electronic documents such as the “after visit summary” to make information about care and medications clear and easy to understand in a format that is designed to be patient centered. These efforts have resulted in changes that have been implemented in the most recent Epic upgrades. Recently, the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office has officially registered the name C.A.R.E. Program Caregiver Assistance Resources and Education Program®, which included input from the patient advisors on a caregiver binder.
- Directed Helios to make the OPD/IPD AVS more patient friendly.
- Provided feedback on multiple caregiver resources: webpage, binder, Caregiver College.
- Assisted pharmacy in creating a more user friendly website and educational videos.
- Directed Henry Ford Health in the how patient education material should look.
- Provided feedback to smoking cessation, colonoscopy education, behavioral health integration, and the cancer institute.
Care Experience PFAC
Begun in March 2016, this group’s focus in on how to improve communication between patients and providers to support better outcomes for patients. Their work enables Henry Ford Health to provide the highest standard of safe comprehensive and compassionate healthcare through integrating the voices of the patients, families and their caregivers as partners with the Care Experience team.
- Sonifi Education/Entertainment System
- Rounding Embraced by All Leaders (REAL)
- Physician Communication (CLEAR Conversations)
- Billing Statement Redesign
- Parking/Security Training
- Cipher Orchid Rounding Questions
- Inpatient Skills Communication (HFH)
- MyChart Mobile Video
- HFMG Thank you Cards
- Complaint/Grievance Letter Templates
- Infection Control Signs
- Activity Packs
- HCAHPS Survey
- ED and ICU Surveys
Henry Ford Cancer Institute PFAC
Begun in early 2016, this group of cancer patient, survivors and their caregivers advise leaders on plans for a destination cancer center to being built on Henry Ford’s Downtown Campus. They have given guidance to the architecture firm on specific building features and the most important cancer support services that are important to patients. They have been awarded $250K in PCORI funding to develop precision medicine cancer research questions and are developing a research agenda and dissemination plan for their work.
- Created strategic planning priorities for what they as patients would want as amenities in the new Cancer Center.
- Working with Supportive Oncology Services to ensure the right services are available to patients and their caregivers.
- Provided feedback on the value and likelihood of use of The Experience Engine (TE2), a customer experience management and real-time interaction platform.
- Participated in mock tours of the Cancer Center to provide feedback on colors, types of furniture and overall layout of various parts of the new building
Precision Medicine Award
- Hosted a successful Cancer Precision Medicine Symposium with about 100 attendees. Presentations were made by stakeholders from payors, researchers, IT, and pharma.
- Created video summarizing Cancer Precision Medicine Symposium
- Developed a comprehensive list of proposed comparative effectiveness research questions for future funding consideration
Henry Ford Population Health PFAC
Begun in 2018, to support the System’s Population Health Team and one of their early agenda items will be exploring opportunities in addressing the Social Determinates of Health.