Comments From Our Graduates
Graduates of our program have found desirable positions in the field of dietetics throughout the country. Some comments from recent graduates include:
- "I truly enjoyed my internship at HFH. The Clinical RD staff was supportive, caring and knowledgeable. A nice balance of clinical/outpatient/food service experiences was provided. Also, my career portfolio greatly aided me in getting my current position. I think the internship class size (8) and length were perfect. Workload was challenging but helpful to development of professional skills. In addition, I felt like clinical staff liked having and working with interns."
- "I am very proud to have completed my internship at Henry Ford Hospital. The program left me well prepared for my first job. In fact, I feel more confident about my skills than many of my friends who have done their internships elsewhere."
- "I feel that I would not be able to fulfill the requirements of my position without the HFH internship training. I use nearly everything I learned at HFH in my present position. The internship provided me with the attributes of poise and confidence to direct the patient's nutritional care. I feel the internship equipped me with the clinical skills (interviewing, teaching, researching, etc.) that I have needed so far."
- "I feel honored to be a graduate of the HFH program. I feel this internship prepared me better for a job in nutrition than any other program. The dietitian staff at HFH is excellent and the knowledge I gained from the program is extremely valuable in my practice."
- "The internship provided me with the skills to perform well in almost any nutrition-related job. I am very thankful that I did my internship at HFH. I feel it really prepared me well for my career as a dietitian. Because of the experiences and knowledge I gained from the program, I took on my first position with confidence and quickly moved into a position on the clinical nutrition team with even more responsibility and increased acuity of patients."
- "HFH Dietetic Internship is a great program! I would highly recommend students to apply."
- "Now that I have been in the field, I find that I am one of the most competent in the clinical field and have the greatest background compared to other RD's in the field for my time frame. HFH internship is a great internship."
- "I honestly can think of very little that I would change. I think the Henry Ford Internship is an incredible experience. My professional skills grew tremendously throughout the 10 months. I think back on the program now and I am still so proud of all that I was able to experience and accomplish."
- I had a wonderful experience at Henry Ford during my internship and later as an RD. I felt very prepared going into my first job as an RD. I am so grateful for all of the experiences and opportunities Henry Ford has given me!
- This was an incredible dietetic internship and I am proud to say I am a graduate. The entire staff is friendly, welcoming and so knowledgeable. I learned so much at HFH, and I am very grateful for these experiences.
- I thoroughly enjoyed my time learning at Henry Ford Hospital and feel the internship prepared me to be a confident and competent RD in my first position. Each preceptor is dedicated to the teaching of interns and were all very helpful.