The criteria for satisfactory completion from the Henry Ford Hospital Dietetic Internship Program follow:
- 100% of assignments and experience/class evaluations are completed with faculty and student signatures and dates within 150% of program length as define in months (15 months).
- At least 80% of the evaluation criteria for performance after the 4 weeks of orientation and prior to Mid-term review must be scored as 2 (70-79%) or above.
- 100% of the evaluation criteria for performance must be scored as 2 (70-79%) or above for all experiences after Mid-term review where an overall performance score of 3(80-89%) or higher must be received. (Mid-Term Skills Review experience is scheduled after a minimum of 5 weeks of Clinical Experience.)
- Remedial work is required if a rating of 3 or higher is not achieved in the Mid-Term Review experience or if a Poor rating of 1(60-69%) is received after completing the mid-term review experience. If required, remediation must be successfully completed. (Criteria for successful completion of remedial work are based on the dietetic intern’s specific needs and required experiences and the specific criteria developed for the remediation.)
- Individual criteria for all audits/reviews must be achieved in the Clinical Staff Responsibility experience.
- A Dietetic Intern/Faculty Interaction evaluation must be completed for the Internship Director and all faculty members. These evaluations are submitted to the Internship Director during the final week of the program.
- A resume must be completed and on file.
- A preliminary copy of “The Individualized Professional Development Portfolio” must be completed and on file.
- A “Permission for Reference” form must be signed and on file.
When the program is successfully completed, the DIs graduate, and on the last day of the program receive six copies of the "Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) Verification Statement" signed by the Internship Director. The signed "Verification Statement" attests to the fact that a DI has completed the requirements of an ACEND accredited internship program and the specific requirements of the Henry Ford Hospital Dietetic Internship Program.