We have institutional didactics scheduled as listed below. In weekly didactic sessions, fellow read 1-2 chapters from ASCRS textbook and have open ended discussion with faculties over 45 minutes to 1 hour. Fellow will complete reading entire textbook by the completion of the fellowship.
- Weekly didactic session using ASCRS textbook
- Weekly GI and rectal cancer tumor board
- Weekly M&M
- Quarterly journal club
- Didactics with medical oncology, radiation oncology, pathology, radiology and pelvic floor study
Additionally, the fellow is encouraged to attend courses and events outside of Henry Ford Hospital as listed below.
- Free mock oral for Michigan Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship Programs
- Advanced robotic training course for Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellow
- Advanced endoscopy course for Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellow
- Annual Colon and Rectal Residents Career Course