International Radiation Oncology Research Fellowship
The purpose of the Fellowships is to provide 6-24 months of advanced training in Radiation Oncology research in our department to qualified physicians from other countries. Over the last few years, research fellows from Egypt, Italy, South Korea and Bangladesh successfully completed their advanced training in our department.
Requirements for applicants
- Applicants must be qualified physicians who have demonstrated an interest in Radiation Oncology Cancer research and who desire advanced training through observership in Radiation Oncology in areas like radiosurgery (cranial and extra cranial), Image-guided radiation therapy, HDR brachytherapy and others.
- Applicants must have fulfilled all requirements of the institution to obtain an appropriate visa.
- Detailed and updated CV
- Letter to the Program Director detailing the goals and objectives of this research fellowship
- Copy of the Medical Diploma
- Applicants must provide a copy of financial sponsorship letter from his/her home country including acceptable medical insurance for the physician and his/her immediate family members
- Fellows will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements to obtain passports and visas. Host institutions will document Fellowship appointment, and purpose of appointments.
For additional information, please contact the Program coordinator:
Ms Lorri Cook
Residency Program Coordinator
Department of Radiation Oncology
Henry Ford Health System
2799 W Grand Blvd
Detroit, Michigan 48202
(313) 916-1015 (office)