Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Family Medicine - Family Medicine
- Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, MI, 2008
- Henry Ford Hospital, Family Medicine, MI, 2012
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, Emergency Medicine, MI, 2010
Dr. Richard Bryce is the program director for the Henry Ford Family Medicine residency program and the chief medical officer at the Community Health and Social Services Center (CHASS), a federally qualified health center in Mexicantown, Detroit. His passion is to promote and motivate his patients to pursue a healthy lifestyle. He started the CHASS Mexicantown 5k Run/Walk and Children's Race to improve exposure to exercise within the Detroit community. He has been instrumental in facilitating the Fresh Prescription program at the CHASS Center, where he and other providers prescribe fresh fruits and vegetables to their patients from the clinic-based Farmers Market with the goal of increasing consumption of these foods. Dr. Bryce also initiated CHASS's Reach Out and Read partnership, which provides pediatric patients with a free book at each well-child visit.
Dr. Bryce provides the best care possible for those most vulnerable in our society. He uses medication-assisted treatment to help those suffering from opioid addiction. He is the Faculty Advisor for Street Medicine Detroit and Detroit Street Care, student organizations affiliated with Wayne State University School of Medicine and Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine respectively. These programs provide medical care to Detroit’s homeless population.
- Program Director, Henry Ford Hospital Family Medicine Residency
- Chief Medical Officer, Community Health and Social Services Center (CHASS)
- Improving health disparities
- Integrative medicine
- Street medicine
- Improving healthy habits
Awards & Honors
- 2021 Michigan Association of Osteopathic Family Physicians Family Physician of the Year
- 2020 Wayne State University School of Medicine- Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award
- 2020 Michigan State University Excellence in Diversity Awards- Individual Award: Sustained Efforts toward Excellence in Diversity
- 2017 Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative Advanced Primary Care Practice Award.
- 2016 Michigan State University Young Alumni Award
Videos And Article
- Henry Ford Hospital