Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Dermatology - Dermatology
- American Board of Dermatology - Dermatopathology
- Perelman School of Medicine - University of Pennsylvania, PA, 2012
- Henry Ford Hospital, Dermatology, MI, 2016
- Pennsylvania Hospital, Internal Medicine, PA, 2013
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Dermatopathology, PA, 2017
I received my undergraduate degree in biopsychology from Cornell University and then my medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania. I moved to Michigan in 2013 where I completed a dermatology residency at Henry Ford Hospital. After pursuing additional subspecialty fellowship training in dermatopathology at Thomas Jefferson University, I returned to Henry Ford as a full time senior staff member in 2017.
At my Farmington Road (West Bloomfield) office, I practice general medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology.
At my New Center One (Detroit) and Cancer Pavilion (Detroit) offices, I have specialty clinics focused on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with skin lymphomas and other rare complex-medical dermatological conditions requiring second opinions.
Half of my time is devoted to dermatopathology, in which I read and interpret skin biopsy slides. I use my sub-specialty training in dermatopathology to deliver the highest level of personalized dermatological care for my patients. I am also involved with the Henry Ford Multidisciplinary Cutaneous Oncology Tumor Board and the Cutaneous Lymphoma Tumor Board in which I regularly meet with other medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and surgical oncologists to discuss and plan out treatment for patients with rare and high-risk skin cancers.
I welcome consults for interpretation of difficult biopsy slides as second opinions. These can be sent to:
Dr. Ben Friedman
3031 West Grand Blvd
Suite 800, Dermatology
Detroit, MI 48322
Awards and Honors
- Member of the United States Cutaneous Lymphoma Consortium (USCLC)
- Annual Ed Krull Faculty Teaching Award, Henry Ford Dermatology (2019)
- Annual Award for Excellence in Research, Thomas Jefferson Department of Dermatology (2017)
Videos and Articles
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Jackson Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital