- American Board of Dermatology - Dermatology
- American Board of Dermatology - Dermatopathology
- Perelman School of Medicine - University of Pennsylvania, PA, 2012
Residencies & Internships
- Henry Ford Hospital, Dermatology, MI, 2016
- Pennsylvania Hospital, Internal Medicine, PA, 2013
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Dermatopathology, PA, 2017
I received my undergraduate degree in biopsychology from Cornell University and then my medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania. I moved to Michigan in 2013 where I completed a dermatology residency at Henry Ford Hospital. After pursuing additional subspecialty fellowship training in dermatopathology at Thomas Jefferson University, I returned to Henry Ford as a full time senior staff member in 2017.
My range of practice is broad and includes general, complex medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology. Half of my time is devoted to dermatopathology, in which I read and interpret skin biopsy slides. Specialized interests of mine include the diagnosis and treatment high-risk nevi (moles) and melanoma as well as skin lymphomas (cancers of the white blood cells).
I am skilled in dermatoscopy (skin surface imaging) and use this in combination with my sub-specialty training in dermatopathology to deliver the highest level of dermatological care for my patients. Outside of the clinic, I am involved with the Henry Ford Multidisciplinary Cutaneous Oncology Tumor Board in which I regularly meet with other medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and surgical oncologists to discuss and plan out treatment for patients with high-risk skin cancers.
I welcome consults for interpretation of difficult biopsy slides as second opinions. These can be sent to:
Dr. Ben Friedman
3031 West Grand Blvd
Suite 800, Dermatology
Detroit, MI 48322
Awards and Honors:
- Member of the United States Cutaneous Lymphoma Consortium (USCLC)
- Annual Ed Krull Faculty Teaching Award, Henry Ford Dermatology (2019)
- Annual Award for Excellence in Research, Thomas Jefferson Department of Dermatology (2017)
Hair loss happens — and middle-aged men aren't the only victims. We debunk 7 male pattern baldness myths.
- Henry Ford Allegiance Health
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital