- American Board of Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology
- Grant Medical College, Univ of Mumbai,, 1992
Residencies & Internships
- Wayne State University School of Medicine, Internal Medicine, MI, 1996
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Interna Medicine, NY, 1994
- Wayne State University, Medical Oncology, MI, 2000
- Division Head for Hematology/Oncology, Associate Director, Patient Experience and Clinical Care
After graduating with his MBBS medical degree from the University of Bombay in Mumbai, India, he completed his Internal Medicine residency in Mumbai. He also completed an internship at LaGuardia Hospital (now Long Island Jewish Forest Hills), as well as his Hematology/Oncology residency and Bone Marrow Transplantation Fellowship at Wayne State University. Following his fellowship, Dr. Gadgeel served as director of the Thoracic Oncology Program and co-leader of Molecular Therapeutics Program at Karmanos Cancer Institute.
Prior to Henry Ford, Dr. Gadgeel was a professor in the Department of Internal Medicine and the Mary Lou Kennedy Research Professor in Thoracic Oncology at the University of Michigan/Michigan Medicine.
Dr. Gadgeel enhances our academic mission through clinical trials and research, while promoting the growth and expansion of clinical services locally, regionally, and nationally -- further positioning Henry Ford Cancer Institute as a destination and referral center for cancer care. He is the principle investigator on numerous clinical trials, and has published extensively in peer-reviewed literature.
His clinical research experience spans 20 years. He is also a member of the steering committee of the Lung Cancer Committee of Southwest Oncology Group. He is the Associate Editor of Clinical Lung Cancer and a reviewer for many journals, including Clinical Cancer Research, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Lancet Oncology, and Journal of Thoracic Oncology. He has served as faculty for the annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and as a member of the education committee of ASCO. He is a member of the Communications committee of the International Association of Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC). He was awarded by the National Cancer Institute the Cancer Clinical Investigator Team Leadership Award in 2012.
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital - Clinton Township
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital