- Louisiana State University, Biology/Chemistry, LA, 1985
- University of North Carolina, Zoology, NC, 1983
- University Of New Orleans, LA, 1978
- University Of New Orleans, LA, 1976
- Univ. of California, San Francisco, Research, CA, 1988
Vice President of Research
In my role as VP for Research, I oversee all of the basic/translational, clinical and population/healthcare research at HFHS, a $95M/yr enterprise in total. Oversight also includes an internal grant program, all of our core facilities (e.g., animal MRI, other animal imaging systems, confocal microscopy, animal facilities, etc), as well as our clinical trials office and clinical research center, biostatistics core, research space, and the Department of Research Administration. In addition, I interact with Asst. Deans for Research at Wayne State University (WSU) School of Medicine and the WSU VP of Research, to exchange information about key resources that are available for shared use and joint pilot grant programs.
In the past, my studies have entailed use of cell and molecular techniques to examine gene expression and signaling pathways in isolated cardiac myocytes, whole-animal cardiovascular physiology of rodents, development of transgenic mice, use of confocal microscopy, and gene expression microarrays to understand the basis of dilated cardiomyopathy.
Awards, Honors and Publications
- NIH Postdoctoral Fellowship (NRSA; 1985-1987)
- Fellowship, NIH Neuroendocrine Training Grant to UCSF (1987-1988)
- NIH Research Career Development Award (1994-1999)
- University of New Orleans College of Sciences 2015 Distinguished Alumna Award
Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Hospital