- University of South Florida, Public Health, FL, 2017
- University of South Florida, Public Health, FL, 2021
Dr. Lockhart’s work in community-based public health research focuses broadly on reducing health disparities for medically underserved populations, investigating mechanisms to increase access to care, and chronic disease prevention and care. More specifically, her program of research includes 1) integrating Community Health Workers in the healthcare system; and 2) Understanding and reducing inequities to sexual and reproductive health, namely HIV and HPV. She is also interested in implementation science and how contextual factors may influence program adoption and maintenance.
Dr. Lockhart has worked on NIH-funded grants in Detroit, Michigan and throughout Florida that aimed to increase access to care for those historically underserved. Included in this work, her efforts have utilized novel technologies for smoking cessation, medication education, and HIV prevention and disclosure. Dr. Lockhart looks forward to continuing collaborating with individuals and community-based organizations to help improve health outcomes for all.
- Assistant Scientist, Center for Health Policy & Health Services Research
Her program of research includes:
- integrating Community Health Workers in the healthcare system
- Understanding and reducing inequities to sexual and reproductive health (namely HIV and HPV)
Center for Health Policy & Health Services Research
- Henry Ford Hospital