Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Professional Psychology - Clinical
- Henry Ford Hospital, Psychology, MI, 2013
- Wayne State University, MI, 2012
- Wayne State University, MI, 2008
- Baldwin-Wallace College, OH, 2006
- Henry Ford Hospital, Psychology, MI, 2012
Dr. Lisa Matero completed her undergraduate degree at Baldwin-Wallace College in Berea, Ohio. She went to Wayne State University for graduate school where she received a doctorate in clinical psychology, with a specialization in health psychology. Dr. Matero completed her psychology internship program at Henry Ford Health System and also completed her postdoctoral fellowship in health psychology at Henry Ford Health System. She is board certified in clinical health psychology. Her primary clinical and research interests include integrated care, chronic pain and obesity.
- Director of Psychology Internship, Henry Ford Hospital
- Director of Health Psychology Fellowship, Henry Ford Hospital
- Senior Staff Psychologist, Department of Behavioral Health/Psychiatry
- Associate Scientist, Center for Health Policy & Health Services Research
Dr. Matero has federal and foundation grants in the areas of mental health, substance use, bariatric surgery and pain. She develops and tests psychological interventions that are integrated into medical settings or using technology. She also has an interest in health care disparities and explores health care utilization, particularly among underserved populations.
Videos and Articles
- Henry Ford Hospital