Board Certification and Education
- Wayne State University, MI, 1981
- Wayne State University, Ophthalmology, MI, 1985
- Ascension St John Hospital, Flexible, MI, 1982
I specialize in low vision and visual rehab.
Dr. Mogk is chair of the Michigan Commission for Blind Persons, advisory to the MI Bureau of Services for Blind Persons and past chair of the American Academy of Ophthalmology Vision Rehabilitation Committee. She is a frequent presenter to professional and lay audiences on causes of vision loss, coping with vision loss and vision rehabilitation.
Her father had advanced macular degeneration and her sister now has it. She is married to John Mogk, WSU Professor of Law, with three adult children, one of whom is co-author of an award-winning book for patients titled, "Macular Degeneration: The Complete Guide to Saving and Maximizing Your Sight."
- Ophthalmologist and Medical Director, Henry Ford Visual Rehabilitation Centers
"My mission is to empower those with vision loss to maximize their independence in daily activities, to preserve their dignity and quality of life and to retain or regain their joy in living in spite of vision loss. This is advanced by mastering the techniques and strategies of vision rehabilitation with training by the outstanding rehabilitation staff of our centers in Livonia and Grosse Pointe."
Awards and Honors
- Senior Achievement Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Secretariat Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Migel Medal, American Foundation for the Blind
- Distinguished Alumni Award, Kresge Eye Institute
- Henry Ford Hospital