Board Certification and Education
- Wayne State University, Pathology, MI, 2013
- Wayne State University, Med Genetics & Molec, MI, 2019
- McMaster University, Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, ON, 2016
Email: Emilio Mottillo
Titles: Assistant Scientist
The overall goal of our research program is to understand the molecular and cellular mechanisms that regulate metabolic homeostasis, with the long-term goal of translating basic research findings into therapies for human health.
Obesity, Diabetes, Fatty liver disease
Using novel methods to image fatty acid metabolism in real-time and proteomic and lipidomic techniques, we plan to investigate the mechanisms by which cells sense lipids and maintain lipid homeostasis.
A second major project will expand upon the novel biology of ABHD5 interactions with the PNPLA lipase family to investigate the role in fatty liver disease and diabetes.
Awards and Honors:
- Roger Davis Investigator Award, Kern Lipid Conference, 2019
- Canadian Diabetes Association Post-doctoral Fellowship, 2013 - 2016
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Doctoral Research Award, 2010 - 2013
Videos And Article
- Henry Ford Hospital