- American Board of Internal Medicine - Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Gandhi Medical College, 1969
Residencies & Internships
- New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens, Internal Medicine, NY, 1974
- Booth Memorial Medical Center, Adult Medicine, NY, 1973
- New York Hospital, Transitional Internship, NY, 1973
- Methodist Hospital, Surgical, NY, 1972
- Henry Ford Hospital, Endocrinology, MI, 1977
Dr. Rao obtained his medical degree from Osmania University in India. He completed an internal medicine residency at Booth Memorial Hospital in New York and then joined Henry Ford Hospital as fellow in endocrinology. He has been section head of the bone and mineral division and program director for the endocrinology fellowship program. He has contributed extensively to the field of bone and mineral disorders.
He has authored or co-authored over 300 peer reviewed original papers, abstracts and book chapters. He is on the editorial board of several prestigious journals and has served on several guideline committees and position papers. Dr. Rao is an avid traveler. He spends a lot of his leisure time with his family and grandchildren. He loves to play tennis and he follows the Detroit Tigers faithfully.
"I believe in treating all my patients with compassion, respect and dignity. I strive to build a partnership with my patients so that we can come up with a treatment plan which works for them."
Dr. Sudhaker's main research interests include the role of vitamin D nutrition in parathyroid disorders and bone health.
Awards & Honors
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, American College of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Willard O. Thomson Traveling Scholarship, American College of Physicians
- Boy Frame Award, American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
- "Kentucky Colonel," Governor of Kentucky
- Outstanding Service Award, Michigan Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital