Joseph A Sanders, MD
Services: Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology
- American Board of Anesthesiology - Anesthesiology
- Drexel University College of Medicine, PA, 2008
Residencies & Internships
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Anesthesiology, NY, 2012
- New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens, Internal Medicine, NY, 2009
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Cardiovascular Anesthesiology, NY, 2013
Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship, Associate Program Director
Biographical Statement: I am dedicated to providing the high quality anesthesia care to all of my patients. My specific expertise is in cardiothoracic anesthesiology. In addition I am dedicated to medical education. Specifically I play a large role in the medical education of medical students, residents, and fellow education specifically in cardiothoracic anesthesiology. I also have a strong interest in cardiac anesthesiology practiced outside the operating room, such as structural heart, the Electophysiology suite, and the catheterization lab. Furthermore, in addition to a strong interest in traditional Intraoperative Transesophageal Echocardiography, I am also interested in the use surface ultrasound of the heart and lungs in the operating room arena.
Research Interests: At our institution, we are always using cutting edge techniques to treat cardiac patients in the structural heart lab. For this reason, I have a strong interest in examining the anesthesia care for these novel approaches to patient care. I also enjoy mentoring residents in their education, and in various research projects within cardiothoracic anesthesiology.
Henry Ford Hospital
Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital