Board Certification and Education
- University of Florida, Health Services Rese, FL, 2018
- PhD, Health Services Research, University of Florida (2018)
- MPH, Epidemiology, Morgan State University (2006)
- BA, Biology and Mathematics, The Johns Hopkins University (2002)
Dr. Vaughn is an Assistant Scientist and full-time research faculty in the Department of Public Health Sciences (PHS). She is the site-Principal Investigator for flu surveillance networks on behalf of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): the US Flu Vaccine Effectiveness Network (US Flu VE) and Influenza and Other Viruses in the Acutely Ill (IVY). Dr. Vaughn works closely with the PHS programming and data management team (POPCORE) that maintains the Research Data Warehouse. In collaboration with the Department of Family Medicine, Dr. Vaughn teaches research methods for Community Oriented Primary Care (COPC) rotation. Dr. Vaughn is actively involved with the Health Care System Research Network (HCRSN), AcademyHealth and The Gerontological Society of America (GSA).
"My primary objectives are to improve health service delivery and quality of care for older adults and vulnerable populations with chronic conditions."
- Health Services Research and Gerontology
- Pharmacoepidemiology and Health Outcomes Research
- Research Program Evaluation and Economic Evaluation
- Implementation Science
- Vaccine Effectiveness and Safety
Videos and Articles
- Henry Ford Hospital