Preparing for Your Falls Examination
Guidelines to prepare for your falls prevention clinic examination series:
- Wear loose clothing (pants should be able to be rolled up and, please, no tights or pantyhose).
- Bring glasses if you wear them.
- Bring your walking aid (cane, walker) if you use one.
- Medications: Tranquilizers, sedatives, antihistamines or any medications for dizziness must be STOPPED for 48 hours prior to your evaluation appointment. Please consult with your physician before discontinuing any medications. If you are diabetic, epileptic, have heart problems or high blood pressure, please CONTINUE your medications.
- Do NOT eat four hours prior to the examination if you are prone to motion sickness.
- Do NOT drink any alcoholic beverages 48 hours prior to your evaluation appointment.
- Do NOT eat or drink anything containing caffeine the day of the test. This includes: chocolate, coffee, tea and soda.