Gastrointestinal Conditions We See and Treat
Expert care for digestive disorders.
At Henry Ford Health, we understand the challenges you face if you have a gastrointestinal (GI) disorder. These conditions can be embarrassing, disruptive to your life and painful to deal with.
Our team of digestive specialists have vast experience in caring for patients with GI disorders. We know how to relieve your symptoms and manage your condition for an improved quality of life.
Some of the many GI conditions we see include:
- Constipation and/or diarrhea: These are usually symptoms of other GI disorders, but our doctors can help find and treat the causes of these issues
- Diverticulosis: pouches that form in the lining of the colon (large intestine).
- Gallstones and gallbladder disease: stones that form in the gallbladder, as well as other conditions that affect the gallbladder.
- Gastritis: inflammation of the stomach lining.
- Gastroparesis: a disorder that slows or stops the process of the stomach emptying to the small intestine.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS): a group of symptoms that includes abdominal cramping or pain, diarrhea, constipation and changes in bowel patterns. IBS is different than inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), which involves chronic inflammation of the GI tract.
- Pelvic floor dysmotility: a disorder involving the muscles of the pelvic floor that can lead to constipation.
- Peptic ulcer disease: painful sores in the stomach lining and upper small intestine.