Conditions and Treatments
Ready for life’s unexpected moments
If you experience a sudden accident or illness, it can change your life in an instant. At Henry Ford’s emergency department, we focus on the immediate decisions and actions needed to quickly diagnose and treat a wide range of life-threatening conditions:
- Shortness of breath, chest pain and heart emergencies, including heart attack
- Pain with movement and broken bones that may require orthopedic care
- Sudden blindness or severe eye injuries
- Head injuries
- Severe abdominal pain
- Severe burns
- Complicated or deep cuts requiring surgical treatment
These conditions should be treated in the emergency room. It’s important to get the right care at the right place. Read our care options.
Support services speed diagnosis and treatment
Our emergency teams are supported by lab and imaging services and many operate 24 hours a day, every day of the year. These advanced diagnostic tools help our doctors make critical treatment decisions in minutes.
Prepared to treat even the most extreme emergencies
Within our emergency care network, we offer a Level 1 Trauma Center at Henry Ford Hospital. This means our highly-trained team is equipped to treat the most extreme and life-threatening injuries. Should you need it, Henry Ford offers Air Med 1, our aeromedical helicopter, with advanced mobile care technology to treat and stabilize you in-flight before you reach the hospital.
Recognized for excellent care
The Joint Commission has accredited our emergency department for excellence in standards of care, outcomes and safety.
- Board-certified emergency medicine doctors
- Certified primary stroke centers
- Certified chest pain centers
- Certified level 1, 2 and 3 trauma centers meaning we have the ability to handle the full range of injuries.
At Henry Ford, we transfer patients to other emergency departments within our network if conditions are severe enough to warrant it. We make all the arrangements to make sure your transfer is smooth.