Henry Ford Health System Wound Care Centers offer expert care and innovative treatment to those suffering from chronic and complex wounds related to:
- Circulatory Disorders
- Pressure-related skin breakdown
Help and hope
The primary goal of the Wound Care Center is to find and treat the cause of non-healing wounds while providing new hope in the effective management of these debilitating conditions.
Henry Ford Wound Care Centers are committed to:
- Shortening patient recovery time
- Minimizing prolonged or permanent disability
- Educating patients and families on ways to prevent recurrence of wounds
- Improving the overall quality of life
Henry Ford Wound Care Centers provide comprehensive chronic wound treatment, with most services available in easy-to-access locations. Here, our multidisciplinary team follows a carefully designed and monitored course of therapy that emphasizes ongoing dialogue with patients, families and physicians.
We strive to empower patients, helping them to gain a clear understanding of the causes and effects of their difficult wounds, and the positive impact an individualized treatment plan can have.
Our wound care centers treat the chronic wound and its symptoms while your primary care physician continues to monitor and treat the underlying medical condition.
Our wound care team consists of:
- Physicians representing the disciplines of primary care, infectious disease, podiatry, orthopedics, plastic surgery, general surgery and vascular surgery
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy facility with trained technicians
- Access to physicians trained in minimally invasive vascular procedures
- Negative pressure wound therapy experts
- Nurses skilled in wound care
- Technicians performing non-invasive vascular testing
- Social workers
- Homecare personnel
- Support staff to streamline patient care