Henry Ford Research Projects on Patient-Reported Outcomes
- The Benefits of Capturing PROMs in the EMR: Case Study published in the New England Journal Catalyst on how PROMs were integrated into the electronic medical record and clinical workflow at Henry Ford
- Meaningful Clinical Applications of Patient-Reported Outcome Measures in Orthopaedics: Discussion published in the Journal of Joint and Bone Surgery by our Director of Quality and Informatics for Orthopedics, Dr. Eric Makhni on how Patient-Reported Outcomes should be incorporated into clinical practice for better patient care
- Preoperative Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System Global Health Scores Predict Patients Achieving the Minimal Clinically Important Difference in the Early Postoperative Time Period After Total Knee Arthroplasty. Darrith, B. , Khalil, L. S. , Franovic, S. , Bazydlo, M. , Weir, R. M. , Banka, T. R. & Davis, J. J.. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons , doi: 10.5435/JAAOS-D-20-01288.
- Impact of Patient Demographic Factors on Preoperative Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS) Physical Function, Pain Interference, and Depression Computer Adaptive Testing Scores in Patients Undergoing Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. Meldau JE, Borowsky P, Blanchett J, Stephens J, Muh S, Moutzouros V, Makhni EC. Orthop J Sports Med. 2019 Nov 22;7(11):2325967119884543. doi: 10.1177/2325967119884543.
- Pediatric PROMIS Computer Adaptive Tests Are Highly Correlated With Adult PROMIS Computer Adaptive Tests in Pediatric Sports Medicine Patients. Bernstein DN, Franovic S, Smith DG, Hessburg L, Yedulla N, Moutzouros V, Makhni EC. Am J Sports Med. 2020 Dec;48(14):3620-3625. doi: 10.1177/0363546520966034.
- Floor and Ceiling Effects, Time to Completion, and Question Burden of PROMIS CAT Domains Among Shoulder and Knee Patients Undergoing Nonoperative and Operative Treatment. Gulledge CM, Smith DG, Ziedas A, Muh SJ, Moutzouros V, Makhni EC. JB JS Open Access. 2019 Dec 5;4(4):e0015.1-7. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.OA.19.00015.
- Correlation of PROMIS Physical Function, Pain Interference, and Depression in Pediatric and Adolescent Patients in the Ambulatory Sports Medicine Clinic. Makhni EC, Meldau JE, Blanchett J, Borowsky P, Stephens J, Muh S, Moutzouros V. Orthop J Sports Med. 2019 Jun 24;7(6):2325967119851100. doi: 10.1177/2325967119851100. Using Patient-Reported Outcome Measurement Information System Computer Adaptive Testing Domains to Investigate the Impact of Obesity on Physical Function, Pain Interference, and Mental Health in Sports Medicine Patients. Blanchett JW, Kuhlmann NA, Fidai MS, Borowsky PA, Muh SJ, Makhni EC. J Obes Metab Syndr. 2019 Dec;28(4):246-253. doi: 10.7570/jomes.2019.28.4.246.
- Patient Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS) in the upper extremity: the future of outcomes reporting? Makhni EC, Meadows M, Hamamoto JT, Higgins JD, Romeo AA, Verma NN. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2017 Feb;26(2):352-357. doi: 10.1016/j.jse.2016.09.054.
- Electronic Patient-Reported Outcome Collection Systems in Orthopaedic Clinical Practice. Lizzio VA, Dekhne MS, Makhni EC. JBJS Rev. 2019 Jul;7(7):e2. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.RVW.18.00154. PMID: 31268863.
- Patient-Reported Outcome Measures: How and Why They Are Collected. Makhni EC, Baumhauer JF, Ayers D, Bozic KJ.. Instr Course Lect. 2019;68:675-680. PMID: 32032076.