Clinical Training and Curriculum
Inpatient and outpatient MFM education occurs at Henry Ford Hospital and associated ambulatory clinical sites on the Detroit campus.
Rotations include the following:
- Labor & Delivery: 1 month in PGY5 and PGY7 years
- Ultrasound/Antepartum: 2 months PGY5 year, 1 month PGY6 & 7 years
- Ultrasound: 6 months PGY5 year; 2 months PGY7 year
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit: 1 month in PGY6 year
- Genetics: 2 months in PGY6 year
- Research: 2 months PGY5 year, 7 months PGY6 year, 3 months PGY7 year (12 months in 3 years)
- Electives: 1 month in PGY6 year, 5 months in PGY7 year
Henry Ford Health is nationally-recognized for both clinical and basic research. Our academic health center is the leading non-university recipient of research funding ($80 million) in Michigan and is in the top 20% of NIH-funded institutions nationally. MFM Fellows have twelve months of protected research time distributed throughout the three years of fellowship. The Fellowship Director works with each fellow to identify research mentors both inside and outside of the division. There are multiple opportunities to collaborate with clinician researchers throughout the Henry Ford Health enterprise as well as scientists from the Henry Ford Health Public Health Sciences department.