Applying to Sleep Medicine
Our Sleep Medicine Fellowship Program will accept applications via Electronic Residency Application Service, ERAS.
The following documents are required for your application to be completed, please make sure they are uploaded into ERAS.
- Personal Statement indicating why you want to be a Sleep Medicine Specialist.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Medical School Diploma.
- ECFMG Certificate if you graduated from foreign medical school.
- Three Letters of Recommendation (1 letter has to be from your Program Director).
- USMLE or STEP scores if graduated from Allopathic Medical School or COMLEX scores if graduated from Osteopathic Medical School.
- Completed Application through ERAS.
We would be happy to sponsor a J1 visa for those applicants needing visa sponsorship.
We are unable to sponsor an H1b visa.
- No Smoking: Henry Ford Health will no longer enroll/hire residents and fellows who use products containing nicotine. The nicotine test will be administered as part of the pre-employment health screen. Testing positive is a failure to meet the conditions of employment and considered a violation of the Henry Ford Health employment contract and match agreement. Applicants who test positive for nicotine will not be allowed to start their program. They may be re-tested in 90 days, but programs will not be obligated to hold the position for the applicant.
- Flu Shots: Henry Ford employees who work in clinical and non-clinical positions are required to receive an annual flu vaccination. This applies to all residents and fellows, as well as physicians, nurses, students, transporters, volunteers, housekeepers, clerical, lab and dietary staff and employees in non-clinical positions. Employees may only decline vaccination if they provide documentation of an acceptable medical or religious reason.
- COVID-19 vaccine: Henry Ford Health requires COVID-19 vaccination for its workforce. This requirement will take effect on September 10, 2021, and applies to all team members, students, volunteers and contractors.