Provider Affairs & Credentialing Services
The Henry Ford Health Provider Affairs (PA) was established to simplify the healthcare practitioner's application and primary source verification process. Healthcare practitioners are able to submit one credentialing application packet when applying to one or multiple participating Henry Ford Health hospitals for initial credentialing and reappointment.
- Initiate application process by providing credentialing application packet and hospital criteria to applying practitioners.
- Collect and process applications for initial appointment, reappointment and additional privileges for all credentialed practitioners.
- Obtain primary source verification (verifying all elements of application directly with the source; such as medical school, residency program, previous hospitals, licensing board, and any other required source).
- Maintain credentialing database.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and verification of license, malpractice insurance, DEA certificate, and board certification for all applicable practitioners.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of sanctions or disciplinary actions such as license and Medicare sanctions.
- Maintain active and archived credentialing files.
- Perform delegated credentialing for health plans.
- Assist in preparation and participate in the credentialing verification portion of accreditation and regulatory surveys.