Centralized Credentialing Service
The Henry Ford Health System Centralized Credentialing Service (CCS) was established to simplify the healthcare practitioner's application and primary source verification process. Healthcare practitioners are able to submit one credentialing application packet when applying to one or multiple participating Henry Ford Health System hospitals for initial credentialing and reappointment.
The goal is to create one common reappointment cycle. This streamlines the process and helps eliminate the duplication of credentialing applications and verification processes previously performed by each individual hospital. The CCS also stores and manages practitioner credentialing information for all hospitals in one centralized department and database.
Participating Henry Ford Health System Hospitals
- Henry Ford Hospital (including Henry Ford Medical Group)
- Henry Ford Cottage Hospital
- Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital - Clinton Township
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
Scope of services
- Initiate application process by distributing credentialing application packet and hospital criteria to applying practitioners.
- Collect and process applications for initial appointment, reappointment and additional privileges for all credentialed practitioners.
- Obtain primary source verification (verifying all elements of application directly with the source; such as medical school, residency program, previous hospitals, licensing board, and any other required source).
- Maintain credentialing database.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and verification of license, malpractice insurance, DEA certificate, and board certification for all applicable practitioners.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of sanctions or disciplinary actions such as license and Medicare sanctions.
- Maintain active and archived credentialing files.
- Perform delegated credentialing for health plans.
- Assist in preparation and participate in the credentialing verification portion of accreditation and regulatory surveys.