Research and Clinical Trials
At the Henry Ford Liver Disease Center, we are dedicated to advancing the understanding and science behind complex liver conditions. Discoveries and research done right here are revolutionizing liver disease care today, as we unearth new treatments, even cures, for diseases that formerly offered no hope of recovery.
Liver disease research & clinical trials at Henry Ford Hospital
Since 1915, our physicians and scientists have brought new hope to millions by challenging the status quo, advancing medical knowledge, and preventing and curing diseases through our research and clinical trials program. Our research team’s relentless pursuit of better, safer therapies has made us one of the premier research institutions in the country. Our robust liver disease research program includes:
- Exclusive access to innovative therapies: Every day, we’re enrolling patients in clinical trials for exclusive, potentially lifesaving therapies above and beyond what’s currently available to the public.
- Leaders in liver disease research: We are regularly approached by large and international sponsors to participate in promising new research and drug trials. Our team of highly trained physician-scientists includes some of the top minds in hepatobiliary care (care involving the liver, gallbladder and bile ducts) today.
- Lifesaving cures: We were one of the first in the U.S. to offer a new, once-daily pill that cures Hepatitis C. We are also studying a potential cure for Hepatitis B. These treatments are proving to be effective even if you have previously failed other viral hepatitis therapies.
- Broad range of clinical research: Our research trials have contributed to the world’s understanding of liver disease and its related conditions. Right now, we have over 1,300 ongoing research studies that include innovations in diagnostics, treatments, techniques and technology.
- No out-of-pocket costs to participate: Your physicians always make sure you’re getting the best treatments we have available for your specific health needs. We consider our research and clinical trials an important part of that care.
To see if you qualify for one of our clinical trials, please search our clinical trials database.