In the booming years of post World War II, the United States flourished once again. Wives of medical staff members and many other community women formalized their volunteer efforts to help expand Henry Ford Macomb's technologically advanced care and established the Mother Seton Auxiliary.
In 1959, the Salk vaccine triumphed over polio and that same year, the hospital established a disabled children's clinic and physical therapy department. Continual advancements in medical technology and treatments eventually phased out the mineral baths.
1952 - Wives of medical staff members and other community residents establish the Mother Seton Auxiliary. Mineral baths are phased out completely.
1954 - The hospital's X-ray School opens.
1959 - Disabled children's clinic and physical therapy department established.