History of Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
Henry Ford Macomb Hospital was founded in 1899 by the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati and Fr. J.A. Van Hoomissen, pastor of St. Peter's Catholic Church in Mt. Clemens, MI. Through the years, the hospital grew to become one of the largest providers of health care in Macomb County. Most recently, it was part of a joint venture between Trinity Health, the nation's fourth largest Catholic health care system and Henry Ford Health System, one of the nation's largest health systems.
Today, Henry Ford Macomb Hospital is a 435-bed hospital where more than 700 physicians and 3,000 health care workers deliver high quality care. The hospital recorded more than 20,000 discharges in 2006, 52,000 emergency department patient visits.
Henry Ford Macomb Hospital provides comprehensive, acute care. Specialty services include a Heart & Vascular Institute, a cancer care center, a women's center with 18 labor, deliver, recovery and post-partum suites. The hospital also has a 42-bed inpatient rehabilitation program, an ambulatory and minimally invasive surgery center and leading diagnostic imaging, including MRI, digital mammography, 64-slice CT and PET/CT scanning technology.
Learn about Henry Ford Macomb Hospital through the decades: