Summer Teen Volunteering Program
Summer 2023 Teen Volunteer Opportunities (ages 15 - 17 only)
Apply between March 1 – April 15
A limited Summer Teen Volunteer program will be offered for individuals, ages 15+ who are in High School and 2023 High School graduates. Eligible applicants may submit this information form between March 1st and April 15th to qualify as a candidate.
Please read below for full details.
Eligibility to Apply
Must meet ALL of the following requirements to apply:
- High School Student or 2023 HS Graduate
- Age 15+ by June 16, 2023.
- Is available to volunteer for 10+ weeks during June, July and August 2023.
- Able to commit to the expectations below.
Please only apply if you can meet ALL program requirements:
- Submit this information form by April 15, 2023 to qualify as an applicant.
- Prior to volunteering, candidates will be expected to attend an information session, undergo a background check, complete a pre-placement health screen with Employee Health Services and complete an application/training packet. All will be provided by Volunteer Services.
- Selected candidates will be required to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, a TB test, and to be immunized for TDap and MMR prior to volunteering. All will be offered by Employee Health Services, costs covered by the hospital.
- Selected candidates will be expected to attend at least one 4-hour volunteer shift per week for 10 weeks before exiting the program. The shift will be on the same day of the week, same time and will be in the same department each week over the course of the program.
- Letters of recommendation will be accepted and are encouraged (optional) to help our team get to know you better!
Due to our current restrictions, only 30 information forms will be accepted and only 20 candidates will be selected for the summer program. The information form portal will be closed after the first 30 applications are submitted.
If we do not have the opportunity to work with you for our summer program, please know that we expect to be able to offer additional teen volunteer opportunities in the future.
Year-Round Teen Volunteer Opportunities
Currently, on-site volunteer opportunities during the Fall, Winter and early Spring are only available for existing teen volunteers.
Off-site volunteer opportunities are available year-round. If you are interested in receiving service hours by providing off-site volunteer service to our hospital in some capacity (i.e. making blankets for patients, making cards for patients, holding a collection/drive for games, cards and other activities to entertain patients at their bedside, etc.) please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at WBHVolunteerSvcs@hfhs.org.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, changes in our ability to consider new teen volunteer team members may change. Please check our website frequently for updates.