JACKSON, MI — Henry Ford Allegiance Health will host a community celebration to celebrate its centennial anniversary and the grand opening of its new patient tower. The three-story, 59,000 square-foot tower, located above the existing Heart & Vascular Center, creates a total of 66 new private rooms to provide a quieter, more healing environment for a truly patient-centered experience.
An open house for the community will take place on Sunday, August 26, Noon – 4 p.m.
The entire community is invited to join Henry Ford Allegiance Health in celebrating our centennial anniversary and grand opening of the new patient tower. The main hospital campus will be the host site for what promises to be a fun and historic event.
Register for this special event today!
This special event will include tours of the patient tower, refreshments, family-friendly activities and centennial-themed giveaways, as well as:
- Hourly prize drawings for tour participants
- Special guest(s) from Detroit Lions and/or Pistons
- Health information booths and screenings
- Interactive art for children and adults
- Local DJ and music
- Marching bands
- Food trucks
- Face painting and balloon sculpting
- Inflatables for kids and adults
- Photo booths
Media representatives are welcome to attend this event. Reporters, please RSVP by calling (517) 205-4945.
Features of the new patient tower are intended to improve the overall experience of patients and visitors, as well as staff and clinicians. These include:
- 66 private rooms with ample space for patients, family members and caregivers
- Patient-controlled heating and cooling system
- Expansive windows to allow for natural light
- Inviting family lounge with comfortable seating and fireplace
- Inboard bathrooms to reduce noise and promote patient privacy
- Capability for in-room testing and other services, to reduce a patient’s need to be moved or transported
- All patient rooms have a refrigerator, a wardrobe, a device charging station and desk space
- Curved hallways, with inviting seating and local art
- Break rooms to allow staff to recharge between caring for patients
- New, more direct access to the hospital’s cafeteria
Construction of the new patient tower began in February 2017 and will be completed in August. Henry Ford Allegiance Health’s next construction project will involve the expansion of the front entrance of the hospital to provide a more welcoming environment in the lobby area and enhance way-finding—allowing patients, families and visitors to more easily navigate the enlarged hospital structure, including the newly built patient tower
Register for this special event today!
“The updates to the hospital entrance will knit together both patient towers, and allow for expanded space for our cardiovascular services on the first floor,” said HFAH President and CEO Georgia Fojtasek. “We are making these important renovations with our patients in mind, and based on the input of our customers, staff and physicians, so that we can be sure we are meeting their needs.”
The front entrance renovation is expected to begin in the spring of 2019 and will take approximately 18 months to complete.
About Henry Ford Allegiance Health
Henry Ford Allegiance Health (HFAH) is a 475-bed health system in Jackson, Michigan. HFAH complements traditional acute care services with primary and community-based to support patients across the health continuum at every stage of life. With its Level II Trauma Center, Henry Ford Allegiance Health provides comprehensive care for severely injured patients. As a teaching hospital, Henry Ford Allegiance Health continually looks to the future with its Center for Health Innovation & Education and Graduate Medical Education program. Through its Health Improvement Organization (HIO), HFAH is also a national leader in forming community partnerships that innovatively address wellness and prevention needs across the region.
About Henry Ford Health System
Henry Ford Health System is a six-hospital system headquartered in Detroit, Michigan. It is one of the nation’s leading comprehensive, integrated health systems, recognized for clinical excellence and innovation. Henry Ford provides both health insurance and health care delivery, including acute, specialty, primary and preventive care services backed by excellence in research and education. Henry Ford Health System is led by President & CEO Wright Lassiter III.
Contact: Vicky Lorencen
Cell: (517) 262-8917