DETROIT – The William Clay Ford Center for Athletic Medicine provides the most comprehensive sports medicine program under one roof in Michigan. Whether you’re an elite athlete, a college or high school athlete, a weekend warrior or someone who is simply trying to maintain an active lifestyle, this premier facility provides expertise in diagnosing, treating and rehabilitating sports medicine injuries so you can return to your sport or active lifestyle safely and at a performance level you want to be.
The medical team comprises doctors, nurses, athletic trainers, physical and occupational therapists, integrative medicine specialists and other health care professionals who are committed to bringing an exceptional care experience to you, a loved one or a teammate.
Henry Ford Health System is the official health care provider for the Detroit Lions and Detroit Pistons and serves as team doctors for more than 20 Michigan colleges, universities and high schools.
The 54,000-square-foot facility brings together a comprehensive lineup of services unique to a health system in Michigan. It is part of the Henry Ford Detroit Pistons Performance Center, which includes the Pistons new training facility and corporate headquarters. The performance center is a trendsetter in Michigan and the latest in a string of collaborations between a U.S. health system and a professional sports team to build a sports medicine center connected to a multi-faceted training facility.
Key services include sports medicine and orthopedics, physical and occupational therapy, acupuncture, brain health, cardiac testing, chiropractic care, ear, nose and throat care, massage, nutrition assessment and testing and sleep medicine.
Additionally, state-of-the-art rehab space focuses on advanced techniques that are designed to return them to sport and full activity. A sports pelvic floor therapy program helps women regain function and return to their active lifestyle after pregnancy or living with pelvic floor disorders like pelvic pain, incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse.
Augmenting these services are the latest technologies and innovations in performance training – all designed to optimize movement and improve the human experience. These include:
- Simi Reality Motion System uses 3D software to analyze movement and joint angles in real time for minimizing injury and enhancing performance with and without LED markers.
- The Speed Zone tests for reaction, speed, agility and endurance.
- 1080 Quantum Synchro is for resistance training and strength conditioning. Real-time feedback and data analysis.
- 1080 Sprint is a portable resistance training tool that measures power, force, speed and acceleration.
- Light therapy lasers stimulate tissue repair and growth from a painful injury. A common pain management tool used in professional sports and on Olympic teams.
- Blood flow restriction training is used to boost strength during exercise using a blood pressure cuff wrapped around your arm or leg. It also has been shown to reduce muscle atrophy.
- AlterG, or gravity-free, treadmill allows athletes and patients to rehab from injury sooner without using their actual body weight. Real-time analysis.
While many physical therapy programs are covered by insurance, some of the services listed here are out-of-pocket expenses. Patients are advised to consult with their health insurer and health care team to determine the best care plan to meet their individual needs.
MEDIA CONTACT: David Olejarz / [email protected] / 313.874.4094