- American Board of Family Medicine - Family Medicine
- Wayne State University School of Medicine, MI, 2001
Residencies & Internships
- Beaumont Hospital - Wayne, Family Medicine, MI, 2004
Dr. Ryan Barish has been in medicine for almost 20 years, with variety of clinical experience. He is certified in both family and functional medicine, graduating from Michigan State University and the Wayne State School of Medicine. He also holds a certificate in plant-based nutrition from the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutritional Studies.
Dr. Barish holds certification from the American College of Lifestyle Medicine, and is a member of a variety of professional associations including:
- The American Academy of Family Physicians
- The Institute for Functional Medicine
- The Michigan Academy of Family Physicians
- The Southeast Michigan Academy of Family Physicians
- The American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
Dr. Barish strives to provide compassionate and friendly care, partnering with patients towards enhancing health and well-being with a strong emphasis on utilizing effective lifestyle modifications.
What's the difference between lactose intolerance and food allergies? Or celiac disease and gluten sensitivity? Here, a doctor shares what to know.
Not getting enough sleep can negatively affect the body in many ways--including causing digestive and gut issues. An expert shares what to know.