From virtual visits to the emergency room and everything in between, our doctors are here and ready to help you.
Family medicine, internal medicine and pediatric care near you.
When you or a loved one is sick or hurt, it can be challenging to know where you’re supposed to go to get the help you need. Our primary care team is here for you, whether you need care right now or you want to improve your overall health and well-being.
Find care now
You deserve healthcare that’s easy and convenient. We offer many care options when you or your loved one needs care right away, from virtual visits to our urgent and walk-in care centers, as well as our advanced emergency rooms for severe and life-threatening emergencies. We can also help you decide what type of care is best for your condition or symptoms.
Find your primary care doctor
In most cases, it’s best to start with your primary care doctor whenever you have questions or concerns about your health. Our primary care team includes three types of primary care doctors:
- Family medicine: These doctors care for patients of all ages
- Internal medicine: These doctors care for adult patients starting at age 18
- Pediatricians: These doctors treat children from birth until age 21
Primary care that fits your life
When your primary care doctor is part of our vast team of doctors and surgeons, it’s much faster and simpler to find a specialist if you ever need advanced care. And because all our doctors can access your electronic medical record (EMR) through the Henry Ford MyChart system, everyone is on the same page about your medical history, test results and needed care.
Whether you need to schedule an appointment with your primary care doctor, renew a prescription or ask a question, we’re here for you with the following convenient options:
- Log in to your MyChart account to send a secure message to your doctor. You’ll receive an answer within 24 hours.
- Call 1-800-HENRYFORD (1-800-436-7936) to give a message to your doctor. You’ll receive an answer within 48 hours.
- Schedule an appointment online with your doctor.
Schedule a doctor visit now
Our primary care team offers many services designed to improve your health and well-being, including:
- Flu shots
- Blood pressure re-checks
- Our Walk-in Clinics and Urgent Care Centers
- Helping you manage chronic diseases, such as diabetes or heart disease
What do primary care doctors do?
Primary care doctors treat most medical concerns that are not emergencies, such as:
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Common infections, such as ear infections, eye infections, bladder infections, etc.
- Upset stomach
- Management of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc.
If you have a condition that requires treatment by a specialist, your primary care doctor plays an important role in managing your care. The primary care doctor makes sure:
- The doctors who treat you know about any other medical conditions you have
- The medications you receive work well together and don’t have any harmful interactions
- The treatments you receive are right for you
In addition to care when you’re sick, your primary care doctor helps you maintain your health when you’re well through essential tests and proactive procedures, such as immunizations and regular physical exams. Your primary care doctor will also let you know when it’s time to schedule important screenings, including tests for heart disease or cancer.