- American Board of Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology
- Jawaharlai Nehru Medical College, 1993
Residencies & Internships
- Ascension Providence Hospital, Internal Medicine, MI, 2000
- Ascension Providence Hospital, Medical Oncology, MI, 2002
Member of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute
Dr. Sandeep Garg is a board-certified medical oncologist at the Henry Ford Cancer Institute, treating patients diagnosed with a wide variety of cancers. He completed his Medical Oncology Fellowship at Ascension Providence and the University of Michigan, and has been practicing since 2002.
He was the Chief of Clinical Trials at St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital in Pontiac, MI, and also served as Medical Oncology Director at the same institution.
Dr. Garg is forthright and unbiased, always treating patients with respect and empathy. He has been actively involved with medical residents and student teaching throughout his career, earning him numerous awards and accolades.
"Cancer care has evolved from a traditional one-size-fits-all approach to an era of precision medicine, with treatments tailored to each patient’s unique biology.. I believe in listening to my patients and their loved ones, and treating everyone with empathy and respect. I engage my patients in discussions about all possible treatment options, such as incorporating clinical trials, utilizing molecular testing, or applying targeted therapies to ensure that we achieve the best outcomes and highest quality of care."
Awards & Honors
- Award in recognition of contributions to patient care and scholarly activity at Ascension Providence, Southfield, Michigan and St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital, Pontiac, Michigan
- Physician Recognition Award, American Medical Association
- Academic Chief Resident, Providence Hospital and Medical Centers, Southfield, Michigan
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- Named HOUR Detroit’s Top Doc: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital - Clinton Township
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital