- American Board of Dermatology - Dermatology
- University of Michigan, MI, 2005
Residencies & Internships
- Henry Ford Hospital, Dermatology, MI, 2009
- Beaumont Hospital - Dearborn, Transitional, MI, 2006
Dr. Laurie Kohen has been with the Department of Dermatology for 11 years. Her practice specialty is pigmented lesions and she is the director of the melanoma multidisciplinary team. Her goal is to care for patients by giving them the most thorough skin exam possible, utilizing dermoscopy and, if appropriate, digital mole mapping. Dr. Kohen enjoys treating all types of skin conditions and performing many different cosmetic procedures.
- Director, Cutaneous Oncology Tumor Board
- Clinical Director, Pigmented Lesions Clinic
- Associate Program Director, Dermatology Residency
One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime. Learn how to protect yourself and why an annual skin cancer screening is so vital.
Learn why a deficiency in vitamin D can lead to a host of health problems and how to safely make sure you're getting enough.
Got unsightly warts? Get answers to your most pressing questions about how warts form and wart treatment.
When heading to the beach, chances are good that you don a hat and sunglasses and apply sun protection like SPF 30+ lotion. Unfortunately, sun damage can also creep in when you’re least expecting it. Here are 6 unexpected sources of damage that help explain why dermatologists recommend wearing sun protection every day.
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital