- American Board of Radiology - Diagnostic Radiology
- SUNY Stony Brook School of Medicine, NY, 2005
Residencies & Internships
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Radiology, MA, 2010
- Mount Auburn Hospital, Internal Medicine, MA, 2006
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Musculoskeletal Radiology, MA, 2011
Musculoskeletal Radiology Fellowship, Program Director Senior Staff Radiologist; Clinical Associate Professor - Wayne State University School of Medicine; Vice-chair, Radiology Quality & Informatics
Dr. Siegal is a Musculoskeletal Radiologist specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of bone, joint, and soft tissue disorders and diseases. He has expertise in orthopedic, rheumatologic, and oncologic imaging, and works to optimize MRI, CT, ultrasound, and other studies at Henry Ford, helping patients get high-quality imaging performed in the shortest possible time. He also performs minimally-invasive, image guided procedures in the joints and extremities, including injections for pain relief, diagnostic arthrography, and percutaneous biopsy.
As vice-chair for quality and informatics, Dr. Siegal leads efforts to use imaging data and analytics to improve patient care within Radiology and throughout the entire health system.
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound shear wave assessment of tissue elasticity.
- Imaging characteristics of musculoskeletal tumors before and after radiation therapy.
- Optimization of MRI sequences and protocols for speed and image quality.
- Operational improvements in patient throughput and equipment utilization based on data analytics
- Improving closed-loop communication of imaging results and ensuring appropriate follow-up with natural language processing and report analysis.
Awards & Honors:
- 2017 - Journal of the American College of Radiology – “Best of 2017 Award” for article: Understanding and Applying the Concept of Value Creation in Radiology.
- 2015 - Society of Skeletal Radiology – Young Investigator Award