- American Board of Family Medicine - Family Medicine
- American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians - Family Medicine
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Med, PA, 2000
Residencies & Internships
- Pinnacle Health, Family Medicine, PA, 2003
- Guthrie Clinic, Family Medicine, PA, 2001
I strongly believe in empowering my patients with the knowledge and health tools they need to achieve optimal health and wellness. I believe that all patients can improve their overall state of health by reducing whole body stress and inflammation and by providing the body with good nutrition, which is needed to correct metabolic imbalances.
Dr. Swenor has been practicing functional medicine for more than 15 years and leads the Functional Medicine program at the Henry Ford Center for Integrative Medicine. Her clinical interests include regenerative and metabolic medicine and weight management. She is devoted to her patients and passionate about providing patient-centered care.
She has been a guest lecturer at multiple venues and continues to be a respected leader in her field of practice. Dr. Swenor also has experience as a school teacher with a master’s degree in Education Administration from Michigan State University.
- Advanced Certification in Metabolic and Nutritional Medicine by the Metabolic Medical Institute
- Certification in Anti-aging, Regenerative and Functional Medicine by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- Advanced certification in Aesthetics Medicine by the American Academy of Anti-aging Medicine
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine Certification
- Certified Health Improvement Instructor
A Henry Ford expert answers frequently asked questions about SIBO, or small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, and offers insight and tips for how to help people who are suffering.
Cortisol, aka the stress hormone, affects your mental and physical health in a number of ways. Here is advice to stay calm amid the uncertainty of these times we're living through.
Probiotic supplements are a huge category in health and wellness, and many people are self-prescribing them. Here's what doctors have to say about it.
A daily pack of vitamins personalized to your health needs? Sounds like a cool concept, but are customized supplements worth it? A functional medicine expert addresses the perks and pitfalls of tailor-made supplement technology.
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital