- American Board of Internal Medicine - Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Disease
- University of Michigan, MI, 2000
Residencies & Internships
- Henry Ford Hospital, Internal Medicine, MI, 2004
- University of Chicago Medical Center, Emergency Medicine, IL, 2001
- Henry Ford Hospital, Critical Care/Pulmonary Medicine, MI, 2007
I specialize in critical care and women`s lung health
Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship, Program Director
Dr. Tatem is the Program Director of the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program, and Program Director of the Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program for Henry Ford Hospital. In this role, her work focuses on educating the next generation of physicians in the fields of Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care Medicine at one of the largest training programs in the United States.
Dr. Tatem is also actively involved in community based health promotion programs.
I believe that every patient is a person first, not a disease. Treating each person with empathy and respect is the cornerstone of my care.
Critical Care Medicine
Awards and Honors
Focus on People Award 2015, 2013.
While e-cigarettes or vaping has grown in popularity over the last several years, there is still a lot unknowns surrounding their long-term health effects. Two recent studies shed some light on how they compare to traditional cigarette smoking and their own set of risks.