Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Dermatology - Dermatology
- Wayne State University, MI, 2015
- Henry Ford Hospital, Dermatology, MI, 2019
- Ascension St John Hospital, Transitional, MI, 2016
Dr. Veenstra is a board certified dermatologist and fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology. He's a Michigan native and has lived in Metro Detroit for over 15 years.
In addition to his medical training, Dr. Veenstra also has a Ph.D. in tumor immunology and is researching skin cancer, including melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and cutaneous T-cell lymphoma.
His clinical interests include the diagnosis and management of skin cancer, pre-skin cancer, skin-related side effects from chemotherapy/immunotherapy, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, and complex medical dermatology.
- Skin Cancer Immunology
Awards & Honors
- AAD Performance Measure Pioneer Award (2022)
- E.A. Krull Faculty Dermatology Educator Award (2020)
- Henry Ford Resident Star Award (2018)
Videos and Articles