Colorectal Cancer Support Services
At Henry Ford Health, we excel at colorectal cancer treatment. And we know that medical care is only one part of your journey. We help you navigate the physical, emotional and practical challenges of cancer care, focusing on your peace of mind and quality of life.
Complete colorectal cancer care navigation
Our dedicated colorectal cancer nurse navigators have specialized expertise in colon, rectal and anal cancers. They understand the unique needs of people facing gastrointestinal cancers, from treatment side effects to ostomy concerns.
Your nurse navigator is your first point of contact and advocate through diagnosis, treatment and beyond. They also work side-by-side with your oncologist and surgeon, so your entire care team is communicating and collaborating.
Your navigator also connects you to additional free resources available to people receiving cancer care at Henry Ford:
- Financial navigator: An oncology financial navigator helps you understand your insurance plan and benefits, provides information on colorectal cancer financial assistance and discusses payment plans. We help reduce the stress of paying for cancer care.
- Social worker: Whether you have transportation challenges, need help with living expenses or require in-home care, your case worker helps you and your family meet the practical challenges of colorectal cancer treatment.
- Health psychologist: We offer free mental health services from a dedicated psych-oncology team. Experienced health psychologists and therapists help you and your family cope with the mental and emotional concerns of cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Outpatient ostomy care clinic
Colorectal cancer support groups
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance offers:
- Patient and family support group chat: Find group chats for every stage of your journey, from a new diagnosis to treatment questions.
- Online community: A 24-hour chat room lets you share your story and connect with patients, survivors and caregivers across the world.
- Buddy program: Connect with a survivor or caregiver who has been in your shoes. No matter what kind of advice you need, you’re never alone.
Cancer support services at Henry Ford
Henry Ford provides a full range of support services during and after cancer treatment. From spiritual counseling to exercise programs and nutritional help, we focus on whole-person care so you can focus on healing. Learn more about our cancer support services.