In a rush? Out of stamps? Pay your bill online.
CT with Oral Contrast (without IV Contrast)
Computed Tomography (CT) is a test that combines x-rays and computer scans. The result is a detailed picture that can show problems with soft tissues, organs (such as your kidneys or lungs) and bones.
- You will lie on a table. The table slides into the CT scanner.
- The technologist will ask you to hold your breath for a few seconds during your scan.
- Henry Ford Hospital and West Bloomfield patients: Arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Macomb patients: Arrive 1 ½ hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Wyandotte patients: Arrive 1 hour prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Bring a prescription if your doctor has given one to you.
- Bring a list of your current medications.
For Macomb and Wyandotte only: Please note that our CT scan equipment has a table weight limit of 450 lbs.