CT Without Oral Contrast or IV Contrast
Computed Tomography (CT) is a test that combines x-rays and computer scans. The result is a detailed picture that can show problems with soft tissues, organs (such as your kidneys or lungs) and bones.
- You will lie on a table. The table slides into the CT scanner.
- The technologist will ask you to hold your breath for a few seconds during your scan.
- Typically there is no prep for this procedure.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Bring a prescription if your doctor has given one to you.
- Bring a list of your current medications.
- For Macomb and Wyandotte only: Please note that our CT scan equipment has a table weight limit of 450 lbs.