Skullbase and Pituitary Tumors
Expert tumor care, available when you need it.
Henry Ford receives nasal, skull base and pituitary tumor referrals from the metro Detroit area, across the country and Canada because:
- Our Skull Base, Pituitary and Endoscopy Center specialists conduct 1, 000 patient visits annually, provide 200 consultations each year, and follow each patient for 10 years after diagnosis.
- Treating skull base tumors takes a team of specialists. The Henry Ford skull base team includes experts from Neurosurgery, and the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, as well as Henry Ford Medical Group specialists from several other departments.
Advanced treatment options
The Henry Ford Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck offers the most advanced treatments for all diseases of the head and neck. We offer comprehensive, innovative care tailored to your individual preferences and needs.
Your personal tumor care team
Our skull base team works closely with you to create a customized treatment plan that can include:
- Advanced testing – Including 3-D MR spectroscopy, 3-D neuroimaging, high-field 3-T MRI, speech language evaluations, carotid angiography, and CT, MR and nuclear cisternography.
- The Tumor Board – Each new case is reviewed by our multidisciplinary Skull Base Tumor Board.
- Personalized treatment plans – Based on any testing and the review of the tumor board, we work with you to develop a personalized, comprehensive treatment plan.
- Treatment options – This may include skull base surgery, tumor embolization or radiation oncology treatment, including stereotactic radiation therapy.