What you eat can have a positive or negative effect on any health problems and your overall health. However, with so much nutrition information being provided by friends, family and the media, it’s hard to know what is right for you. Whether you prefer meeting individually with a registered dietitian nutritionist or participating in a class, Henry Ford has the nutrition expert for you. Our nutrition experts work closely with your Henry Ford doctors to provide streamlined, coordinated care.
Appointments with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)*
We know there isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach to healthy eating. Our registered dietitian nutritionists review your diet, lifestyle and goals to design a personalized eating plan. Choose the site most convenient to you and follow the link for information on how to schedule your appointment.
- Henry Ford Allegiance Health
- Henry Ford Medical Center - Columbus
- Henry Ford Medical Center - Detroit Northwest
- Henry Ford Medical Center - Ford Road
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital — call (734) 246-6909
- Henry Ford Medical Center - Novi (Functional Nutrition)
- *Kidney Disease (non-dialysis), Kidney Stones (Henry Ford Hospital, Taylor, Detroit Northwest, Pierson and Columbus) — call (313) 916-2710
*Please note: if you are currently in treatment with Henry Ford for a cancer diagnosis you should work with our cancer nutrition team. If you are currently in treatment for kidney disease on dialysis you should work with the RDN in your dialysis center.
Conditions RDNs Treat
- Celiac's Disease (gluten-free)
- Crohn’s or Irritable Bowel, Ulcerative Colitis
- Diabetes (Pre-diabetes, Type 1, Type 2 and/or Gestational)
- Food Allergies
- Hyperlipidemia (High Cholesterol)
- Hypertension (High blood pressure)
- Sports Nutrition
- Weight Gain
- Weight Loss
- Wellness/Healthy Diet
- Many more
Programs that include diet and nutrition information:
- Weight Management Programs
- Bariatric Surgery Support Groups
Additional Diet and Nutrition Classes
Grocery Store Tours
For up to date nutrition and other wellness information, subscribe visit www.HenryFordLiveWell.com and subscribe for our e-newsletter.