Our recipe box offers recipes from our Heart Smart® dietitians, our Demonstration Kitchen and other programs.
What you eat affects your health and individual health conditions. Henry Ford’s registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) are experts at providing nutrition information that is tailored to your specific health and wellness needs. Whether you prefer meeting with a dietitian to set up an individualized diet plan, exploring Henry Ford’s resources for healthy recipes or attending a cooking class, our nutrition experts are here for you.
We know there is no one-size-fits-all approach to healthy eating. Our registered dietitian nutritionists review your health conditions, diet and lifestyle goals to design a personalized eating plan. Our experts provide outpatient nutrition services for:
- General healthy eating/wellness diet
- Weight loss or gain
- Food allergies
- High blood pressure
- Low/high blood sugar
- Digestive problems (Crohn’s, IBS, ulcerative colitis)
- Pregnancy nutrition
- Nutrition for children/teens
- High cholesterol
- Sports nutrition
- Vegetarian/vegan/plant-based diets
Check with your insurance provider to see if nutrition services, such as “medical nutrition therapy” or “dietary surveillance and counseling,” are covered by your plan. If not or you prefer to pay out of pocket, we offer different retail packages for nutrition services:
- An initial consultation (60 minutes) + 2 follow-up visits (30 minutes each): $150
- 3 additional follow-up visits (30 minutes each), if desired: $100
Programs with specialized diet and nutrition services
Many Henry Ford services offer specialized diets and nutrition information included in their programs. If you are receiving care through one of these programs, work with your designated team to learn more about your options for nutrition services.
- Diabetes. We offer several diabetes education programs and support groups to help you make healthy meal choices and while monitoring your glucose levels.
- Cancer Nutrition Services. Feeling good and eating right can be hard to do – especially if you are actively going through cancer treatments. Our team helps you manage the modifications in your diet due to treatment side effects.
- Kidney Disease. Work with the RDN at your dialysis center for personalized nutrition services.
- Kidney Disease (Non-Dialysis) and Kidney Stones. Please call (313) 916-2710
- Weight Management Programs. With several programs to choose from based on your individualized needs and location preferences, our weight management team is there to support you throughout your weight loss journey.
- Functional Nutrition. By using food as medicine, functional nutrition works to create a nutrition plan based on changes that you would like to make in your life for overall health and wellness benefits.