Treatments for Skin Conditions
Get personalized treatment for common and rare skin conditions and diseases.
Our dermatology team understands your unique condition and will develop a treatment plan to meet your health needs and priorities.
Our specialists provide expertise in:
- Common skin conditions such as psoriasis
- Pediatric skin care
- Rare skin conditions such as lupus
- Treating transplant patients
How do medical dermatologists treat skin conditions and diseases?
Medical dermatology focuses on patients whose skin conditions are caused by disease, such as immune system diseases. Our specialists treat a variety of skin conditions, such as:
Therapies for medical dermatology conditions may include:
- Biologic therapies
- Clinical-trial therapies
- Immune-modifying medications
- Immunosuppressant medications
How do procedural dermatologists treat skin conditions and diseases?
Our procedural dermatology specialists perform surgery to treat conditions and diseases of the hair, nails, skin, underlying tissue, mucous membranes, and glands.
Skin cancers are some of the most common examples. But others also can be helped with surgery, such as fungal infections that have damaged the fingernails or toenails, acne scars, keloid scars, cysts, and warts.
We often perform outpatient procedures that need only localized anesthetic. Common surgical procedures include:
- Chemotherapy injections for warts and certain cancers
- Cosmetic dermatology procedures
- Curettage -- an instrument called a curette is used to scrape off the affected or diseased skin area
- Electrodessication -- we use an electric current to burn off remaining damaged or diseased skin cells
- Laser surgery
- Melanocyte-keratinocyte transplantation for vitiligo and burn patients (investigational therapy)
- Mohs surgery
- Nail surgery
- Surgical excision