Cooking Matters™ & Cooking Demos
Generation With Promise (GWP) brings interactive, cooking demonstrations and nutrition education directly to local organizations. Their registered dietitians, professional chefs, and health educators offer classes and presentations on healthy cooking/food preparation, wellness, nutrition, and physical activity promotion including through Share Our Strength’s Cooking Matters™ curriculum.
Cooking Matters™ demonstrates great tips and tricks on how to shop, cook, and eat healthy food on a budget. GWP staff then transforms curriculum by offering local resources, information on regional seasonal produce, and presenting smart and healthy buying choices in grocery stores throughout the area.
GWP offers the following programs to farmers markets, schools, and community events:
- Cooking Matters™ classes for Adults, Families, and Teens.
- Grocery store tours using Cooking Matters™ At the Store curriculum.
- Cooking demos and nutrition education at community events
- Detroit Community Markets
- Farmers market recipe demos
GWP offers the following programs to faith-based organizations, such as churches and places of worship:
- Cooking Matters™
- Physical activity promotion
- Cooking demos and nutrition education
- Resource materials