Student Action Teams (SAT) are groups of students in schools throughout Metro Detroit who want to make a difference in their environment. Student Action Teams are made up of a group of youth led by an adult ally and a SAT coordinator from GWP.
These students, grades 6-12, focus on:
- Nutrition and peer education
- Leadership training
- Physical activity promotion
- 5-2-1-0 healthy message campaigns
Student Action Teams participate in the annual Generation With Promise Youth Summit. Each year GWP gathers all of the teams to work together on how they can make a change in their schools.
If you are interested in more info about Student Action Teams, please contact us!
- Increased consumption of fruits and vegetables
- Hamtramck Health Hike
- Salad bars and smoothie machines installed at Hamtramck Public Schools
- Walking tracks