Student Action Teams (SAT) are groups of students in schools throughout Metro Detroit who want to make a difference in their environment. Student Action Teams are made up of a group of youth led by an adult ally and a SAT coordinator from GWP.
These students, grades 6-12, focus on:
- Nutrition and peer education
- Leadership training
- Physical activity promotion
- 5-2-1-0 healthy message campaigns
Student Action Teams participate in the annual Generation With Promise Youth Summit. Each year GWP gathers all of the teams to work together on how they can make a change in their schools.
If you are interested in more info about Student Action Teams, please contact us!
- Annual increases in consumption of fruits and veggies by SAT members and the peer groups they educate
- Creation of the Hamtramck Health Hike
- Salad bars and smoothie machines installed in Hamtramck Public Schools
- Installation of playground walking tracks with key support from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Creation of the Pershing High School 5k Walk/Run